Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
MV Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero MV » A big, old fake about Maximum Velocity... :D
Mr_Drayton
Dragon Bird
A big, old fake about Maximum Velocity... :D
Reply to this Post

A long time ago, some time after the launch of Maximum Velocity, many boards were actively talking about this game, its lack of cheats and unlockable machines. I was about 13, and my noob spirit pushed me to search often for new facts about MV. Plus, that blue racer with two yellow stripes and four engines is still a mistery to me. Obviously there wasn't anything more to discover after Jet Vermilion, but looks like someone wanted to have much fun, and invented two incredible fake easter eggs he found in MV. :O

Down there I pasted these two old texts I found many years ago in some site about GBA cheats (wich I can't find right now, probably it has been closed or deleted). They are quite funny and I always kept them with affection, so I tought I had to share them with you, great F-Zero community. Enjoy! Very Happy

The hidden Queen II Cup

To unlock it, you must beat the Queen series in all difficulty modes (including EXPERT) and beat HotViolet at champioship. Then you go in Training mode, and drive in Bianca City (first circuit). When the jump plate appears, you jump out of the track. If you done it correctly, you will not explode, you will fall in another track. Finish it (1 lap only) and when the times appear,the message will be showed: ''ARE YOU READY FOR THE REAL CHALLENGE?'' In the series selection, highlight the ??? option, and begin to race. The tracks are: Queen SeriesII 1: Fire Field LandMined Circuit (this track is a hard one.The is only a way of free track. All the sides are mined.) Queen SeriesII 2: Tent Zone North: Survival Circuit (this is a extremely trick track. The wind is violent. You have to boost in all turbo plates, if you want to win.) Queen SeriesII 3: Bianca City: Another Day Circuit.(A beaultifull background layer. But a ugly trackline. You'll have to make boost turns all the track. The AI cars are kind of insane in this track. They go 2x faster than you and no crash!!!!) Queen SeriesII 4: Cloud Carpet:Storms Circuit.(This is a high detailed track. The scenario is stormy and the clouds pass is the track. There are a lot of jumps and boosts.) Queen SeriesII 5:This is not the final circuit. (YES!This is the track name. Afetr, it changes for SynoBazz: Championship Circuit. Finally you can practice in this one. No diferences for the championship mode. Queen SeriesII 6: Fire Field: Water fusion circuit(In the final of this circuit, a firefall(like a waterfall but of fire) get together of a waterfall!!(The firefall comes from the ground and the water fall comes from the sky.) Afetr this, all the scenario looks like a new Cloud Carpet circuit. But its not!) Queen SeriesII 7: Bianca City: The End of The World.(This is the easiest, but the most beatifull scenario that I saw. If you win, when the camera turns, the AI controlled car( only if you get in 1st!!) make a big jump and a bigger ship leave it for the sky. The the camera turn down and show all the pc cars. The track explodes and you are free.) Queen SeriesII 8: F-ZERO Championship Circuit:It's over.(Prepare for the most exciting race of your life. If you note, all the PC cars are the same. But all painted in black. This circuit is easy, with a very cool music, a beautifull back ground... Only 1 problem... And a BIG BIG ONE! The AI cars! The difficult is very very very very very hard! I win with a very big lucky! When you win the final appear...

The eleventh car: BLUE SUPERIA CRUISER.

When I was playing, in Grand Prix mode, I stoped to run and all cars passed me. When the 10th car passed, I note that it was a strange four thrustered car, blue with 2 yellow stripes. I tried to unlock, and I get it! It have the same power of the Jet Vermilion, but the performance it's the greatest. To unlock it, tou must beat Hot Violet at championship mode and, make a time like this: 0.30.50. If you do this time or better, the Blue Superia Cruiser car will be all yours.

Hahaha, aren't they nice? Unfortunately nothing is true (I confess: I tried to unlock them the first time I read it!), but hey, imagine how cool could be that! Very Happy

BPA
Staff Ghost
Re: A big, old fake about Maximum Velocity... :D
Reply to this Post

The broken English gives me a laugh more than anything. I like hoaxes like these, they're so implausible.

"Lucifer! Punish your enemies, oh lord of the night, destroy them all!"
Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

ah yes, i remember these! some (tom?) even went so far that they made pictures of these secret ships. unfortunately they were of Paint-quality, so i doubt they tricked anyone!

Mr_Drayton
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Implausible, but not improbable. Smile
I mean, Blue Superia Cruiser and Queen II Cup are both clearly a fake, but original game coders could have done it without problems (and it would have been really surprising to unlock).
There could have been only two problematic tracks, due to Mode7 limitations: Fire Field: Water Fusion and Bianca City: The End Of The World, with that "double fire/waterfall" and that "bigger ship leaving the sky with all the racers inside". Sorry, but as I'm a graphic artist and a beginner programmer, I can't resist to comment about hardware capabilities of the console... Very Happy

I also remember someone saying it was possible to drive not only the blue car, but the yellow and green ones, like Yazzo said. Very Happy

Stil, I really can't understand why that blue car is only one, while other yellow or green drone cars have been copypasted along the circuit. :S

EDIT: oh, I forgot to say... Actually, searching for Blue Superia Cruiser on Google Images brings out pictures of bicycles. XD

uhd
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

to unlock must you firsd depossit USD500 to speical bank account (i can give detials!)

it go faster than all other mashines, (even jet vermilloin!!!)

F-zero MV World Champion
1863-2217
Mr_Drayton
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post
uhd wrote:

to unlock must you firsd depossit USD500 to speical bank account (i can give detials!)

it go faster than all other mashines, (even jet vermilloin!!!)

Woah, where did you found it? I've been searching for these crappy photomanipulations for some time... XD
Meh... I never seen an uglier raceship! D:

uhd
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

i didnt found, i unlockked

F-zero MV World Champion
1863-2217
TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

I fell for this shit back then lol...

"either HDU is a liar or he just doesn't want to tell us how to get it for any reason. what do i need then to obtain it externally????...." 

Parrotman707
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post
Johnny Maastricht wrote:

I fell for this poopie back then lol...

"either HDU is a liar or he just doesn't want to tell us how to get it for any reason. what do i need then to obtain it externally????...." 

LOL, I remember that fom neoseeker a while ago. I spent the next three hours trying to find out how to get it. I'll call you "HDU" from now on. XD

"In Other News"-I have the pics of the "secret" cars that "can" be obtained "externally"

uhd
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

i made a bit of a hash of the last one

F-zero MV World Champion
1863-2217
Parrotman707
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post
uhd wrote:

i made a bit of a hash of the last one

I know you did. The numbers on the last one are f*cked up.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

lol that last one was so funny. topic redeemed.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
uhd
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

Theres a grey rectangle around the car because on my old dark monitor where I made it it looked the same.

F-zero MV World Champion
1863-2217
nick98
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

I just created my versions of the Queen II tracks (except Synobazz Championship) in F-Zero Climax! I think that one day I will give the passwords of them!

Index » F-Zero MV » A big, old fake about Maximum Velocity... :D